Brian Dies, CFA, ASA
Brian Dies is an expert in the financial analysis of complex transactions, business valuations and commercial disputes. Importantly, Mr. Dies is adept at clearly and concisely explaining these complex financial topics to corporate leaders and their counsel, as well as to arbitrators, judges, and juries.
Examples of Mr. Dies’ expertise include:
- Appraising the value of private businesses in shareholder buy-outs and various shareholder disputes;
- Analyzing earn-outs and damages claims arising out of complex M&A transactions;
- Valuing intellectual property and other intangible assets;
Intellectual Property Licensing and Litigation
- Determining damages in patent, copyright and trademark infringement disputes;
- Establishing potential damages in multi-element trade secret misappropriation disputes;
- Evaluating IP licensing strategy and opportunities;
- Calculating damages in disputes related to breaches of complicated contracts and distribution agreements;
- Evaluating potential damages in legal malpractice matters where the “but for” world is disputed and highly uncertain.
In early 2023, Hoffman Alvary and Company LLC changed its name to Archway ResearchTM. Mr. Dies has worked at the firm for over 25 years.
Mr. Dies holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation and is also an Accredited Senior Appraiser in the Business Valuation discipline with a specialty designation in Intangible Asset Valuation. Presently, he serves as an Officer for the Boston Chapter of the American Society of Appraisers.
In addition to his professional experience, Mr. Dies instructed at the Harvard University Extension School teaching Business Valuation at the graduate level. Mr. Dies earned a master’s in finance from Boston College and graduated with majors in economics and government from Cornell University